Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best upgrade path from 3.4.5 to 5.4.2

Jonas Petersson January 23, 2014

Hi!

We are currently on Confluence 3.4.5 and want to upgrade to 5.4.2. As stated in the upgrade guide we should skip the incremental step of upgrading to major version 4 in between and go directly to version 5.x.x. According to this we are supposed to upgrade manually because we are on a version pre-3.5.x but to what version should we update manually to? Be reading various threads like this it seems like we should manually update from 3.4.5 -> 3.5.17 first.

Have I understood this correctly?

3.4.5 Manually -> 3.5.17 -> 5.0.3 -> 5.4.2

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes

Ok great. Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Not sure what you mean by "manually", but yes, it's very strongly recommended that you go 3.5 before you attempt the jump to a later release. A lot changes between 3.4 and 3.5, and it's a nightmare to go from 3.4 to 4.0, let alone higher!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Oh, I see. The older upgrade method was renamed as "upgrading manually".

Yes, you need to do it this way to get on to Confluence 3.5

Hi, thank you for your reply.

It is stated like this in the manual:

• Are upgrading from a version earlier than Confluence 3.5 you will need to upgrade manually.

So there is a "manually upgrade" process to use for versions earlier than 3.4.x > 3.5 if I understand it correctly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events