Best practices for attractive Confluence pages. (Server)

Nancy Bonanno April 11, 2019

We are really pushing Confluence and I have a lot of buy in.  But the pages often look crowded or the images don't align or the pages are confusing...  Does anyone have good advice or best practices for designing attractive Confluence pages on Server?

2 answers

0 votes
sraynes January 7, 2022

This link suggests using html and is the closet thing I've found from making a vertical line 

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

Hi @Nancy Bonanno 

First of all I would recommend to use page layouts. When I create a page, I make sure that every title / subtitle is in  his own page layout. 

A good seperator of a page is the horizontal rule, which you can add with four hyphens and Enter (----). 

The 3rd tip I can give you is: Don't write miserably long pages, work with hierarchical subpages. 

These are some little tips in a very short form. 

NancyB455 May 8, 2019

Thanks so much!

NancyB455 May 8, 2019

Oops - hit return too soon.

I too like the horizontal rule, but is there any way to get a VERTICAL rule?  Sometimes I'd like to put a thin grey line between vertical section divisions.

My own tips are:

I like to use the hideElements macro to make my pages cleaner. 

I often insert a blank section between other sections just to put some white space between elements.

And I like to use tables to line things up, then add CSS to the style sheet to hide the table gridlines.  (I can only do this on Spaces where I want ALL the tables to have no grid lines.  Any idea how I can hide table gridlines on just one page?  I've tried inserting html into the source code, but it didn't work.)

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2019

I'm glad it helped a bit.

As far as I know, there are no ways to do a vertical line.

I like your idea to insert a blank section. I do this often, but with a horizontal rule in it. 

At the end, if you try for yourself, you will get the best out of confluence and for your needs :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events