Batch delete of [DRAFT] pages

Rob Gilliam May 5, 2021

After 4+ years of using Confluence I find I have approx. 80 pages in "Drafts", the vast majority of which are untitled pages created just by clicking "Create" in the toolbar then navigating away.

Only one of these is actually a draft I'm still working on, the rest are all either obsolete or were never intended to be there.

To remove these I'm having to go to the Home page, then:

1. Select the "Drafts" list
  2. Click a draft I want to delete
  3. Click the '...' menu
  4. Click "Delete unpublished page"
  5. Confirm I want the page to be deleted

This takes me back to Home page, but on the "Visited" list and I have to start again for the next draft at step 1.

Is there a better way of removing large numbers of draft pages? If not, can a bulk delete or bulk change feature be added? (Even a bulk publish might be nice where there are a lot of draft or changed pages that need to be published simultaneously)

2 answers

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Please also vote for this to be fixed: CONFCLOUD-70244

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Rob Gilliam 

A while ago I wanted to do an audit of the hundreds of pages we have in our instance of Confluence, and delete outdated content. It was a similar process so hopefully my workaround will help you.

Create a new Confluence Space, then Move the draft pages to your new Space, which should hopefully be an easier process. Once all items are in the new Space, you can just delete the Space which will remove all it's "children"

Christopher Beck June 13, 2022

Quick question - how is it quicker to move pages one by one and then delete than it is to delete one by one?

Like Jim Doyle likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

You can move pages en-masse.

Christopher Beck June 14, 2022

can you point in the direction of how? I can't seem to multi-select when I'm on the Move Pages page

Like # people like this
Michael Owen March 23, 2023

Hello all I realize this is a year old question but I would like to know as well, how do I move all these drafts to a new space so i can delete them all? @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and / or @Warren 

Thanks for your time and suggestions guys, just need a little more of a step by step approach here. they're always changing things in the interfaces and where things are located anymore, I have a terrible time keeping up. 

Pendulum Tech
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2024

@Michael Owen I stumbled upon your post here - we've just released an app to help with this very problem.

It allows easily deleting all drafts across a Confluence site. We're working to add more features but this is a great starting point to get your content in shape. Would love to hear any feedback you have, too!

You can install it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1233144/draft-cleaner?tab=overview&hosting=cloud 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events