Background colour of a section

Dawid Nawrot September 19, 2019

I would like to change a background for a particular section. It would make a nice break rather than just headings. Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

Hi @Dawid Nawrot ,

If you are referring to the Section macro in Confluence, then we do not have an option to customize the background.

Thanks,

Manisha

Arnold Balisch March 18, 2020

In the old editor there was a background color macro that would do this...I used it to visually pop the Table-of-contents on longer pages (think wikipedia look).  The new editor has done away with this and the TOC macro cannot be inserted in the "note" macros.

Are there plans to restore the ability to add some background or border to layout sections or even just the TOC macro itself?

Arnold

Like Michael Allen likes this
Michael Allen March 30, 2023

There is a "CSS Class Name" property on the TOC, which says just add a class to your space custom stylesheet, and it'll wrap the TOC in a div with that class.

However... it's broken, because they've removed the stylesheet feature, as far as I can tell.  There's a PDF stylesheet, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.  At least, I couldn't get it to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events