Backed up 3.5.9 reinstalled, using MySQL as my database, says restored properly, accessing ANY of my spaces shows page not found errors

sanjay srikonda October 27, 2011

I am using Confluence 3.5.9 on my internal site. Unfortunately, the person who installed it used the internal database. In order to reinstall it to use a MySQL database, I followed your support article:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Migrate+to+Another+Database

The steps I followed:

1. Backed up my current 3.5.9 site (all spaces) to my server

2. Took down the service.

3. Reinstalled in a new directory on my server

4. Set up to use MySQL as my database

5. Restored my backup to my new installation, restore said it worked fine

Now, when I start my new site, the home page, shows all my spaces, yet clicking on ANY of my spaces restored from my 3.5.9 backup shows the following:

Page Not Found The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

The page does not exist.

The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

This is maddening. Luckily for me, I still have my previous site up and running and I only installed this to point to a different port on my server.

I cannot move forward because I cannot restore JUST my spaces as I'm told the space already exists. I cannot delete the spaces and restore because I can't access them because I see nothing but page not found messages.

What am I supposed to do?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2011

Check your user settings - it sounds like Confluence doesn't think you have any permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events