Azure openAI with Confluence as the source

emma.ingvarsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 1, 2023

Hi,

Reaching out to see if anyone have had a similar use case and which solution you decided to go for. 

I am trying to get data into Azure from confluence to be able to use openAI studios with confluence data as the source. 

As I understand it, one solution would be to use cognitive search in Azure to index and make the data searchable. Another solution would be to use Confluence Data Center but then I am not sure how I would connect it to openAI studios which needs sources from either Cognitive search, azure blob storage or files. 

Please let me know if you have any idea/thoughts about this and how you would move forward. Thanks!

3 answers

2 votes
Jins Kadwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2023

Im looking to do this exact thing

The approach im taking is two fold:

1. Use the playgrounds in Azure Open AI and the "Bring your own data" option
    1. Im going to export an entire space as PDF files and store it in Azure Blob storage as the data source
    2. Point Azure Open AI playground to that data source
    3. Test to see how it gets trained and the quality of the Q&A from the bot
  2. If this works well enough, Im thinking to build a better version that uses the Confluence API to extract the data from the spaces that I care about. Call methods like GetPage and GetPageContent to extract data is what im looking at
    1. Build a .NET c# web app in Azure as the front end - super simple
    2. Use the confluence API to extract the data and store it in Azure blob storage as text files (to reduce storage size)
    3. Then use the Azure Open AI API to develop the chat bot - which based on the Azure docs is a canned set of code 
emma.ingvarsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 5, 2023

Interesting! We have also done some tests with pdf files to start with, very powerful! Would be interesting to hear about your progress on this 

Sourav Ganguli
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 10, 2024

Hi @Jins Kadwood

We can implement the first step easily with Open AI and AI search.

But what is the procedure for implementing the second step, i.e., API pulling the data from confluence?

0 votes
Ermin Mlinaric
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 13, 2024

I think it would be better to Azure AI search to ingest data (using Confluence API) and then connect Open AI to Azure AI search as data source.

List of potential data sources for Azure AI search: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/search/search-data-sources-gallery

0 votes
Thang Nguyen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 25, 2023

I too am about to start on the same journey to try and do this.

Any one had any luck with OpenAI being able to use Confluence Data?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events