Automation in Confluence?

I've read several times here at Atlassian Answers that if you have to do stuff in Confluence several times you should automate. I guess you would do this to work more efficiently. I would like to know more about that concept in Confluence, how you utilize automation in your instance of Confluence and why this is important you. Examples would be great.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 18, 2015

Another thing to take advantage of and is somewhat like automation for less techy people would be templates. If you have certain types of documentation that you create on a regular basis you should consider standardizing the creation via a template.

I agree, templates is a must. Space templates would be great.

Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 20, 2015

You use the Copy Space addon to get space templating-like functionality. You would create a space that acts as the template and then copy that space when you need to create a new space.

It depends what exactly you mean by automation, but I suppose those answers refer to the REST APIs the Confluence (and all other Atlassian tools provide). And the APIs are very extensive, you can basically script (automate) quite a lot

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api

Could you give me some examples of when this could be useful? I'm not a developer so this is way too difficult for me.

0 vote

I believe that script runner is coming to confluence soon which is another way to do it

I will look into that, thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

901 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you