Automation action: How do i change the status of a page when it's edited?

rob al March 30, 2023

I have a custom status "approved". When someone edits a page, i'd like to automatically change the status from "approved" to "requires review". How do i do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2023

@rob al 

Currently, it's not possible to use the content status in automation rules, since Automation for Confluence doesn't cover all content lifecycle management needs. Even the built-in Confluence page status feature is quite limited to 5, static statuses.

A core feature of Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud is automatic content status updating.

Watch this video about how it works. You can implement the same easily today.

content-status-indicator-cloud.gif

(Please note that I'm part of the team working on Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud.)

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @rob al

If your use case is identifying outdated pages and establishing review and archiving workflows, then you might consider Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically switches page status according to custom review and archiving workflows and provides dedicated views for outdated pages to review or archive.

3.gif

In addition, its feature set includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Feel free to give it a try or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (the developers of Breeze)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events