Automation - Create Issue not working - how do I find out why?

Carol Lutz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

I have a Jira Service Management project: TGBA Support Level 1 and a Jira Software Project: TGBA Support Level 2. 

I set up a multiple project automation to create a new ticket in TGBA Support Level 2 when the original support ticket is escalated to engineering team. 

image.png

This was working a few weeks ago when I was testing, but stopped working last week when I was about to launch it to my customers. 

The error I see in the Audit log is not very helpful, as all it tells me is "Error creating Issue" 

image.png

How do I find out what is preventing the issue being created?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
GNarsimhagowda - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Carol Lutz ,

Check if you have made some fields as mandatory when creating that issue type.

Thanks.

Carol Lutz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Thank you so much @GNarsimhagowda - Empyra - there was a mandatory field that was in the Support project that I didn't have in my service project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events