Automatically update references to a Confluence article after the name has been changed

Gerard McHale May 23, 2023

I want to rename a Confluence article. This article is referenced in multiple other places. Is it possible to rename the page in such a way that the links to the page will be updated at the same time as the page is renamed?

Without this, the reference links will be broken unless I manually find all those references across other pages and update them manually.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

@Gerard McHale It depends on how the link was created.  If you used the page and identified it in the link macro then it will use the page ID and the name change will not matter.  If you used a custom link then you will need to update it.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-links-and-anchors/   You could look at a few pages and see but most likely the link was created using the page ID as you would need to specify on the left-hand side of the macro to use a different link functionality.  I would suggest changing it and testing a few of the pages that contain links.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events