Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically move text to another page upon completion

Hello everyone,

Here's my situation, we have daily scrum meetings and document these bullet point items on a page in confluence. When these small tasks are completed we would like to archive them in some way. We currently have them listed as action items and it would be sweet if when the action button is pressed the text is moved to another page that would hold all the small objectives weve completed.

thanks,

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the story on where y'all are now and where you're wanting to get to. It sounds like you are at a great opportunity to use Jira and Confluence together to better track tasks. With this said, from your meeting notes you can create a Jira issue (within a project just for your tasks) and then utilize the Jira issue macro on a Confluence page to track To-Do, In Progress, and Done issues. This would also allow you to have a simplified view into WIP along with moving issues to "archive" pages when done.

More on using these two together may be found at the following resources:

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Thank you Stephen,

We are currently using JIRA and Confluence and have started doing that exact process. We really wish though that we could link issues to certain epics but I've tried just about everything to get that functionality.

Hello Scott,

To ensure I'm understanding, are you wanting to Link a Jira issue to an Epic? or a Confluence page to an Epic? 

Or is it that you want a workflow to Create issues in Jira from Confluence and then within this workflow link the newly created issues to an Epic?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

I would absolutely love to link a jira issue to an Epic within confluence but it seems as though that functionality was taken away from confluence cloud for a reason that I cant possibly imagine lol. I've been researching for 2 weeks on how to link to an issue to a specific epic through confluence but it seems as though its not possible. I am working with the Viable issues team on a work around. 

We have project charters in confluence with a milestones table. All I want to do is create an epic in each of our project charter pages and then create multiple issues using our milestones table that link back to the project charters epic. The screenshot below is exactly what I want. I will pay 100$ to any charity if there is a way to do this on confluence cloud lol. 50$ if you can tell me why this feature was taken out. Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🏑 Atlympic Event: Confluence

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

182 views 6 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you