Automatically identify a Jira issue based on a Confluence pages name

oliver.peacey August 17, 2022

Hey,

So I'm looking to build out a new process whereby when I create a new Jira issue of a certain type in my project, an automation triggers to create a Confluence page using "{{issue.key}} - {{issue.summary}}" as the page title. 

Now, I also want to use templating so that each new Confluence page looks the same. Within this template, I want to use the 'Embed Jira issue' function to present live data from the Jira issue that created the page.

The tricky part here is that the template will be used for all pages, but not all pages will be created from the same Jira issue; meaning that the key will differ for each page. This means that I cannot hardcode a specific key into the embed function.

Is there anyway to automatically change the key used within that embed? Perhaps by inserting the {{issue.key}} from the page title into that embed somehow? 

This way, whenever a new Confluence page is created from my Jira issue, it will look the same, however reference the relevant information based on its issue.

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events