Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic modification pages using Template

J M May 12, 2022

I stated using confluence these days.

Though I made a template and many pages based on the template, I have to modify the same point in the pages. Modifying the point in the template is not reflected in the pages, so it would be a hard work.

I can't modify for the all pages at the same time, is this correct?

Can I reduce this work load?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hi @J M and welcome to Community!

You are right: updating a template can't update pages using it retrospectively.

There isn't really any solution to make it quicker for you, but here are some thoughts:

Hope this helps!

- Manon

J M May 13, 2022

Thank you for your reply.

I have not used excerpt and excerpt include macros.

I will try to combine them with a template.  
It means I apply the macros for just phrases that are likely to be changed in the template.

will that work without any difficulties?

1 vote
Pablo Gamblin _ServiceRocket_ May 13, 2022

Hi @J M 

Happy Friday!  As Manon mentioned in her response, ServiceRocket has a solution for this in our Scaffolding app for Confluence.  

Scaffolding's live-template macro allows you to make modifications in your template and see the changes reflected on every page using said template automatically.  

If you would like to see this feature in action as well as find out more about the other features that our Scaffolding app adds to your Confluence instance, we do offer live demos that you can schedule by opening a support ticket in our support portal here.

I hope that this information was helpful.   

Best regards,
Pablo
ServiceRocket Apps Support Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events