Automatic check-ins for remote teams?

Jonty Yamisha September 16, 2022

My team has outgrown Basecamp, and we're playing with Confluence + Jira. So far, we're really liking Confluence. One feature I can't seem to find, however, is something akin to Basecamp's automatic check-in feature. 

With this feature, each week, an automatic question goes out asking our team:

1. What they are working on

2. Potential roadblocks ahead for the week

3. Anything else they'd like to share

This allows us to reduce the need for real-time, in-person check-ins. Is there any functionality in Confluence that is similar to what I am describing above? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Jonty Yamisha,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You may want to take a look at Atlas from Atlassian, it is a new product that allows you to give status updates every week, and it will send out reminder to do that as well. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Confluence does have an End of the week status update template that you can use, and together with automations you could create these automatically every week.

Jonty Yamisha September 16, 2022

Thanks, @Mikael Sandberg for the suggestions. I'll check them both out!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

@Jonty Yamisha I would also suggest looking into using boards and dashboards in Jira.  I have been successful in constructing dashboards that provide all of this information in real-time to answer the questions that you are asking.  Then there is no reason to have individuals report back unless that is part of your process.

Jonty Yamisha September 17, 2022

Thanks, @Brant Schroeder

I am still new to the Atlassian community. Are there any resources / videos you can point me to that would help me better understand how I can setup these sorts of boards and dashboards in Jira? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events