Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic backup Confluence Cloud

Roman Tyschenko July 10, 2019

Good day!

Can I setup automatic backup all information in Confluence Cloud? Do it manually - uncomfortable. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hi @Roman Tyschenko ,

You can find a bash script to automatically backup Confluence at the below url:

However, as mentioned in the How to Automate Backups for JIRA Cloud applications KB page:

The content on this page relates to platforms which are not supported. Consequently, Atlassian Support cannot guarantee providing any support for it. Please be aware that this material is provided for your information only and using it is done so at your own risk.

I hope this helps.

Ciao,
Dario

Roman Tyschenko July 11, 2019

Hi @Dario B ,

A lot of thx!

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2019

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any question on how the script works :) 

Have a nice weekend.

Like IT Department likes this
Seth A Dowd March 11, 2020

Hi @Dario B I attempted using one of your backup scripts in GitBash but it just seems to timeout endlessly.

I am using the API token to authenticate and it seems to get through all the commands ok but then just endlessly runs the sleep command.  Any help would be appreciated to getting an automated backup of Confluence running.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2020

Hi @Seth A Dowd ,

Please notice that, at this current point in time, I don't even know which one of the scripts you are using so it is a bit difficult to try to help.

However, if you are using GitBash I assume you are running the Bash script in Windows, but if that's the case why don't you just run the powershell ones? 

I am saying this because I don't know GitBash at all and I am not sure it can run the bash scripts without issues.

In the same repository you also have python and powershell scripts that you can use. Have you tried them? Do they all fail as well? 

Please provide more details on this issue.

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2020

@Seth A Dowd ,

If you use the powershell script instead, and you are stuck in an endless loop, this seems to be a known issue:

As written in there, please refer to below community thread for a working version of the script:

Cheers,
Dario

Johannes Schneider May 15, 2020

Is there an EASY way to automate backups? no scripts, etc. just clickyclicky for the rest of us? ;-) 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2020
Mark Wiesenthal September 6, 2022

Hey @Dario B

Can you tell me if it is possible to restore only specific Confluence spaces or Jira projects after downloading the backup file with your scripts? To be maybe more precise, what is the file format of the backup file and is it therefore possible to target the backup of specific projects/spaces within this backup file?

Best regards,

Mark

1 vote
Maria Korolenko August 11, 2021

@Johannes Schneider 

We at Rewind are considering building automated backups for Confluence and Jira Could. You’ll be able to backup and restore your Confluence workspace.

I’m wondering is it what you want to see in Confluence automated backups? I would love to hear from you! 

If you're interested in joining our waitlist, feel free to register https://rewind.com/products/backups/confluence/

diego April 7, 2022

are you still considering it ?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2022

@diego As mentioned in: 

Then, if you visit the link, you can see that we already released Backup for Confluence under Early Access Program and are on the way to releasing Backup for Jira.

For further details see:

Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2022

It is live!

Check it out on the app marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228099/rewind-backups-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Danny from Rewind

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events