Automate design content

Ambika Bhat June 8, 2023

Hello All,

As a team we create designs using confluence, I would want to be able to choose and autofill some contents, the idea is for example in a design say there is a description of AWS EC2 instance, S3 buckets, On prem Fileserver, Networking components, etc. I create a library with the explination of every component that a design may require. 

Now when I start to create a design and this particular design needs to have EC2, S3 and Networking componets description filled, I get a pop up when I start a new design and it gives me a checkbox to choose what components description is to be prefilled, I just select the checkbox of EC2, S3 and Networking componets in this case and my design gets filled with this.

Is this possible to do, if yes any leads?

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2023

To me it sounds like you want to use some sort of "smart page templates". Confluence has a concept of blueprints which pretty much addresses this problem. These are page templates, but not dumb static ones, they allow logic executed when creating a new page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/blueprints-323982376.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events