Auto Create child pages with Macro

Casey Cain August 13, 2019

I am trying to set up a macro that can automatically create child pages as a part of the template.  Is there a way to do that?

The goal is to have a page tree would look like this:

• Community Events
      • Event 1
        • Topic Proposals
        • Schedule
        • Planning Meetings
      • Etc...

I would like to have a macro that creates the event and the subpages.  The event and subpages would have some template information on it as well, like a table for example.

Right now it is my intent to put a "Children Display" macro on the "Community Events" page and use a "Simple Excerpt Display".  Then put a small excerpt on the "Event" page with the date range and location.

However, if there is a way to automatically create a table on the Community Events page and sort by the event date (range) like this:

Event || Location || Dates || Links (To the child pages) || Notes (To be added later)

That would be ideal.

If there is any way to do this, I would appreciate some guidance.

Edit note * I've discovered that you can't have the same page name in a space?!  Soooo.  That's... "unfortunate".  I guess I need a suggestion for that too...
Maybe "Topic Proposals for $eventname", etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

Hi @Casey Cain

Out of the box you won't be able to.  I suggest you try scriptrunner for confluene and use this example: https://docs.adaptavist.com/tb4c/latest/macros/pages/create-child

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events