Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura tabs are not being exported to PDF - is there an option to make it work?

Anastasiia Shyshak January 12, 2022

I'm using aura tab group with aura tabs and it looks great on confluence but the content is missing in the exported PDF. Is there any workaround to make it work? 

formatted confluence:

conf.png

exported pdf:

pdf.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Anastasiia Shyshak ðŸ‘‹

It could potential be a type of content that is unable to be exported to a PDF from Confluence. For reference, the following content is included in space exports...

PDF export XML export HTML export
Pages Yes Yes Yes
Blogs No Yes No
Comments No Optional Optional
Attachments Images only Yes Yes
Unpublished changes No Yes No
Page numbers Optional N/A N/A
Restricted pages
and blog posts
Only those
you can view
Yes, they remain
restricted
Only those
you can view

A note to add when exporting to PDF:

Confluence's PDF export feature is designed to handle a wide variety of content, but on rare occasions the PDF Export process may fail due to an unrecognized customization. If that happens, the PDF export screen will indicate the title of the page in which the problem occurred, to help you diagnose the cause of the failure.

The above looks like what you're currently experiencing with the test page. It may be helpful to get in touch with Aura Support directly to see if they can help, you can raise a support ticket here >> https://appanvil.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/1910374445/Aura+-+Support+Cloud

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Thank you, Laura. I'll raise a support

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Happy I could help 😊

Like • Anastasiia Shyshak likes this
0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Hi @Anastasiia Shyshak 

Customizations are not exported when performing the page export

For more customizations please refer to the link here

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/advanced-pdf-export-customizations

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thank you, Pramodh. I did see that page but didn't find it helpful. It describes more generic stuff - headers, footers, size of the page but not how to make content visible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events