Audit Records Automatically Loaded

Naresh Sirsavada (Contractor) February 24, 2022

Hi All, 
We need your assistance to understand and if possible disable the following option in Confluence. We had a issue with Confluence crashing with a heap memory error and when I restarted the application which started loading the Database table with the following information
2022-02-22 11:43:20,064 INFO [lifecycle:thread-1] [service.audit.migration.ConfluenceAuditEntityMigrator] migrate Found 22309915 audit records to migrate.
"service.audit.migration.confluenceauditentitymigrator>........................................

This is consuming a lot of the database disk space as well as taking more than 4 hours to start confluence application. Can you please provide information as to when and why does entry start populating this information, as this does not happen always in general.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Naresh Sirsavada (Contractor)

to me it looks the upgrade task never finished and will pop up now on every restart (with the assumption it would run through then). I believe it is putting pressure on disks.
Probably to get this fixed a formal support request with Atlassian would be a good idea.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2022

That's definitely not normal - Confluence should normally start back up "as usual" and not tarry with any upgrade tasks like this. At best, it would do things like this once it has booted up.

This makes me think that your Confluence instance was upgraded and this is part of the upgrade process?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/slow-upgrade-due-to-upgradetask1migratelegacyevents-introduced-in-confluence-7-5-1077916272.html

Naresh Sirsavada (Contractor) February 24, 2022

Hi Radek, Thank you for your response.

We had a issue with Confluence crashing with a heap memory error and when I restarted the application this happened. We did not upgrade the application.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2022

Well in that case, the link contains a few workarounds how to stop it. I'm still a bit.. suspicious though, I would expect that task to go after an upgrade, either it was skipped/postponed at some point in the past, or Confluence was upgraded (but I agree this sounds a little far fetched).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events