Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Attempting to track 100+ fields through a form that allows simple calculations

I'm attempting to maintain a cloud Confluence page for items that have 100+ criteria that need to be tracked (and allow simple calculations).  In addition, the items need to be tracked in Jira with a limited number (<30) of the criteria being included in the Jira issue. 

My initial attempt was to do this in Jira using Proforma.  However, this has not been successful due to:  1)  User dislike of the UI - they want the ability to take an existing item as a starting point for a new item.  They also find the submit/open paradigm to be difficult as well as the form not being very friendly.  2)  It involves a manual step to export the forms, use an excel macro to transform the data so that the math calculations can be completed and re-importing the results.  

Any suggestions on Add-ons or other ways to do this are appreciated.

2 answers

2 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 08, 2022

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Along with @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ recommendation this is an additional Plugin in the marketplace

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27447/table-filter-and-charts-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Install the plugin on trial and check the features and decide which one suits better

Thread on recommendations

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-create-a-table-with-calculation-formulas/qaq-p/1641392

Thanks,
Pramodh

Hi @KathyN ,

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is our add-on and it's available for Cloud/Server/Data Center.

Our macros support dynamic Confluence macros such as Jira Issues, so you'll be able to combine it with manually created table with notes, statuses and comments, perform filtration and aggregation on the fly from the page view mode, perform calculations using simple SQL queries.

If you need to store some information in Excel/Google Spreadsheets, then you may use our Table from CSV macro and connect your files via attachments/urls to Confluence, recreate the tables and further filter/aggregate/visualize them as regular Confluence tables. 

If you are interested in a live demo from our team, please book a suitable time slot here.

Like # people like this

Hi

Take a look at the plugin we develop and maintain - ConfiForms 

Supports calculations, custom form designs, custom filtered views of any sort, fields restrictions and a lot more

Also integrates well with Jira (shows data from Jira, creates Jira issues (conditionally))

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

38,636 views 28 126
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you