Attachments not showing in Viewfile macro

Geoff Sawyer December 22, 2014

When I try to use the viewfile macro on some pages (not all which is strange) the macro will not pick up to show the attachments which could be viewed. ie within the macro parameters are the page (which is showing the current page) and the file to view (which should show the list of attachments to the page so that the correct one can be selected). In this case there are no options showing and hence it is not possible to use the macro.

Anyone else found this problem and know if there is an answer?

3 answers

1 vote
Justin Justin December 24, 2014

Geoff, an alternative is to use Sharpview for Atlassian Confluence, which is quite popular. Provides a richer viewfile experience (feature-rich viewer; either flash-based or HTML5), but also it is only for PDFs. (The link has video and in-line example, since AppFusions website is built on Confluence.)

An evolved variation of that is AppFusions' document management integration plugins for Google Drive, Alfresco, Dropbox, Box,  Egnyte, <your flavor; let us know>. Here's a playlist of videos. In these solutions, you can navigate/embed folders, preview, embed docs, download, upload, and edit (in Office apps including MS Office, NeoOffice, OpenOffice) all from within Confluence ... and also uses the rich viewer of Sharpview. 

All of these are highly supported plugins, some since as early as 2010 (and through Confluence's many versions since then). We have customers running these that have renewed for years, with over 20K+ users on their corporate wiki. info@appfusions.com if you would like to try these.

0 votes

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2014

Hi Geoff,

This is awkward indeed. Do you see any error in the logs regarding attachments and the name of the affected pages?

Are you using the latest version of confluence? I could find some bugs that were fixed in the latest versions:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35155

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34835

It might be a good idea to check in a staging instance with the latest version installed to check if that replicates;

Cheers,

Rodrigo

We are on v5.4.3 but there were no errors reported just that the macro failed to show any attachments. It is stranger than that as it only appears on certain pages. I can theorise that it depends on the parent page. I am creating new pages on which I wish to display the pdf (or word) attachment; so only the viewfile macro is being used. For some pages it will show the attachments (of the relevant type ie .doc .pdf etc) for others (well one other which I have found) it will not show anything. I have gotten around the problem by creating the page elsewhere and then moving it to where it should be, but it is a strange bug in the system! Maybe that helps?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events