Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments not found after migration Confluence 6.15.9

changmle December 8, 2019

I want to migrate my confluence to a new server. I managed to restore the xml file (without attachments) from old confluence (mysql) to new confluence (postgres) 

Then I moved the attachments folder to the new confluence but now my confluence pages cannot find the attachments. Anyways to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @changmle , 

After moving the attachments folder to the new confluence home directory, did you perform the re-indexing? If not, please perform the re-indexing and verify.

Additionally, if you are still unable to find the attachments, verify whether the attachments are really copied into the new confluence home directory path i.e <confluence_home_directory>/attachments/ver003

Thanks,

Kiran.

changmle December 8, 2019

yes, i rebuild index for search indexes. 

the profile pictures are loaded but not the attachments of the page. i have verified that the path is correct.

Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @changmle , 

can you verify whether the attachments exists by running a find command?

To see if your attachments exist in your attachment directory, search the folder directory for an example attachment id of a broken attachment.

For example, if your attachment has an ID of 123456789, search your confluence home directory for a folder with this name. If you get a result, it means your attachment is on disk. On a unix like system you could do this with a command like find <confluence-attachment-dir> | grep 123456789

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events