It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Attachments not found after migration Confluence 6.15.9

I want to migrate my confluence to a new server. I managed to restore the xml file (without attachments) from old confluence (mysql) to new confluence (postgres) 

Then I moved the attachments folder to the new confluence but now my confluence pages cannot find the attachments. Anyways to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @changmle , 

After moving the attachments folder to the new confluence home directory, did you perform the re-indexing? If not, please perform the re-indexing and verify.

Additionally, if you are still unable to find the attachments, verify whether the attachments are really copied into the new confluence home directory path i.e <confluence_home_directory>/attachments/ver003

Thanks,

Kiran.

yes, i rebuild index for search indexes. 

the profile pictures are loaded but not the attachments of the page. i have verified that the path is correct.

Hi @changmle , 

can you verify whether the attachments exists by running a find command?

To see if your attachments exist in your attachment directory, search the folder directory for an example attachment id of a broken attachment.

For example, if your attachment has an ID of 123456789, search your confluence home directory for a folder with this name. If you get a result, it means your attachment is on disk. On a unix like system you could do this with a command like find <confluence-attachment-dir> | grep 123456789

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you