Attachments Macro In Confluence Not Showing Thumbnail Preview for PNG's

mcc24mm1 July 11, 2017

I'm in Confluence and using the attachments macro on a page. I checked the "Show Previews" option but the thumbnails are not showing for me on the page. I only have PNG's on the page. How do I get the previews to show up?

2 answers

0 votes
Anara Davletaliyeva January 13, 2019

Hi, I was wondering if this issue is going to be resolved soon? I am creating a page in confluence with  list of images to download, but it is pretty difficult to see which one is which without thumbnails. Judging by JIRA ticket mentioned above, this issue has been raised two years ago. Thanks heaps!  

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

Hi Anara, 

At this stage we do not have any further updates, but it's best to follow along the bug ticket rather than this thread. Any updates will be posted to that bug ticket.

Feel free to vote on it in order to help show the impact it's causing to customers, and comment there with your findings and any feedback you have.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hello Mike,

There is currently a known bug in Confluence where the attachment thumbnails are not displaying when viewing the page itself:

- CONFSERVER-40609

However, when viewing the preview of the macro in edit mode, you will be able to see the thumbnail.

To workaround this issue, you can click the Preview button below the version number when expanding the macro.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events