Attachment v4 migration - what happens if Confluence is shut down during migration job run

Lars Fessler March 16, 2023

Hi,

as I have learned here:

Migration to version 4 

there is a job that runs on Confluence startup and migrates attachment storage from v003 to v4.

As migration might take a long time it is important to know happens if we shut down Confluence (all nodes) during while the migration job is running? In my mind I see these options:

1. migration job ends gracefully and on next Confluence startup continues where it stopped. That would be great.
  2. It stops and never starts again
  3. it stops and starts from the beginning

Wishing you all the best!

Lars

1 answer

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2023

I haven't tried it myself, but to me these sentences from the page you linked:

"A new report is created for each migration run. It contains a list of files with corresponding issues, and the migration status is printed at the bottom – for example, completed successfully, completed with warnings, or interrupted."

...suggests that it will be retried and the already migrated attachments will not be migrated again. So it means point 1 in your list.

Lars Fessler March 19, 2023

Thank you! I thought so too. I just wasn't sure.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

@Lars Fessler remember to accept my answer if it was helpful so that others can see that in the future.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events