Attachment label

Mattias Cederlund September 25, 2011

Hi!

I'm new to the system so please forgive me if questions are to simple.

I need to add labels/tags to my attachments to make them searchable. Is that possible to do?

Thanks!

Mattias Cederlund

5 answers

1 vote
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2011

I thought I'd convert my comment to an answer - so I get more good karma.

----

Is the plan to put all attachments on one page, or distribute them around in an orderly/disorderly sequence?

It would seem to be reasonable to put one attachment per page and then label the page with the label you want to associate with the attachment.

You may want to use the Reporting plug-in to generate your lists, because then you could possibly have a compact list of hyperlinks to the attachments and you wouldn't have to remember the search criteria.

1 vote
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 25, 2011

Attachments don't have labels though there is an open request (CONF-3963) for this. They can be made searchable though. There are extractors for Office and OpenOffice files, though these aren't currently Confluence 4.0 compatible (according to Plugin Exchange)

You can create new extractors for other file types using the Extractor Module.

0 votes
Mattias Cederlund September 26, 2011

Hi again and thanks for your good suggestions.

I am new to confluence so I am not aware of all possibilities and limitations yet.

My customers would like to create projects and attach documents - which are formal agreements. Then he would like to have labels to all the agreements to quickly find all attachments that belongs to a specified subjects.

If we want to find all agreements belonging to let's say gardening, we only filter them out.

Am I thinking right here?

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2011

Is the plan to put all attachments on one page, or distribute them around in an orderly/disorderly sequence?

It would seem to be reasonable to put one attachment per page and then label the page with the label you want to associate with the attachment.

You may want to use the Reporting plug-in to generate your lists, because then you could possibly have a compact list of hyperlinks to the attachments and you wouldn't have to remember the search criteria.

Mattias Cederlund September 26, 2011

Sounds like an interesting solution! Thanks Kevin i will give it a try!

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2011

As David mentioned below, we have an open feature reuqest for this right now. Just out of curiosity, I'd love to hear why you want to label attachments? Is it purely because of search? is it because people search by label or is it because people can't find the attachments right now?

0 votes
Radek Kantor
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2011

You can use "JIRA Searchable Attachments Plugin" (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/4868) or another one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events