Attachment is not recognized in macro media

aizzeh IT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2014

I am having an issue with the macro media on Confluence. I have recorded a video using Camtasia 2 and exported the file as a .MOV. I uploaded the file with out a problem and was able to edit it as well.

2 weeks later I finished creating another video and used the same program to create the video; I exported the file the same way to a .MOV and Confluence is not recognizing the attachment as media went I attempt to insert media the drop down is blank, but the file is attached to the page.

This is the error message I am receiving:

Error rendering macro 'multimedia' : com.atlassian.renderer.v2.macro.MacroException: Cannot find attachment 'selection.mov'

I googled this error to see if others are experiencing the same issue and it seems like something similar was reported, but the issue was resolved as a file name issue. Thinking that could of been my issue I renamed the file something simple and removed all spaces. Nope, I am still experience this issue.

Any suggestions? Help.

4 answers

1 vote
Steve James
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2014

I concur with Ashley and Alexei: a colon in the page title breaks the Multimedia macro.

1 vote
Alexei Budsan November 17, 2014

Ashely is correct, if the title of the page has a : in it, it will fail.

Remove the : and it works.

0 votes
FQL
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 10, 2014

Same here. Wasted a long time trying to figure the problem. Once I removed the colon from the title, everything went fine. 

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2014

Hi there!

I've tried to replicate the problem however the macro loaded in my confluence instance 5.5.2. Are you using an old version of confluence?

I recommend to delete the attachment and the macro from the confluence page and try to attach the mov file without spaces again. This might refresh the macro information.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

aizzeh IT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 11, 2014

Thank You, I attempted to rebuild the page again and the issue was the : in the title page, not the spaces in the file name!

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2014

Hi Aizzeh,

I couldn't replicate in confluence 5.5.2 even placing a : in the page name. Have you tried to reproduce in the latest version of confluence as well?

If you can reproduce the problem with detailed steps, let me know and I can open a bug report for you.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events