Atlassian Companion plugin issue

Witold Dziel January 4, 2019

Have a problem with Atlassian Companion app for one of the users. App still says "You need to trust the Companion app to edit files" even though Confluence domain has been trusted and linked with Companion.

"Clear all trusted domains" does not help. Confluence still reports the following, while user tries to edit Excel sheet on Confluence page:

Companion.jpg

This is working correctly for other users so not sure what the problem might be.

4 answers

1 vote
Roman Holdener April 20, 2020

Hi

I am not sure, if this problem is still open, as it was posted one year ago.

However, I had a similar problem. The "Lets keep things secure" notificarion apeared but not the "trust"-Popup. While investigating the issue, I noticed that the Atlassian Companion task war running multiple times in the task manager. So what helped was shutting down all the Companion Tasks in the task manager, checking if the app was really shut down (by trying to edit a File in Confluence, Confluence should indicate that Companion needs to be installed) and finally restarting Companion. After that I tried again to edit a File in Confluence. That time the trust popup apeared as it should.

What also could help is using another Browser for trusting the domain. Once a domain ist trusted, it works with all browsers. So if you work e.g. with Google Chrome and there is an issue with the popup, try again with Inernet Explorer. If you were able to click "trust" in Internet Explorer, Atlassian Companion will also work in Google Chrome (on the same device of course).

Hope that helps.

1 vote
Maria Asnes March 6, 2019

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I receive the same popup in Chrome. In Firefox, I am able to work with the app.

Reinstalled the app several times, tried Clear all trusted domains and clicking Trust for our domain. The problem persists in Chrome only.

Thanks

Maria

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hi Maria,

Another user, Marisa, has commented on this thread with how she was able to resolve the issue. If you haven't seen that, please take a look at those details and see if it helps you.

Shannon

Mark Finta September 20, 2019

Marisa's answer is not a valid solution to this problem.  I shouldn't need to completely uninstall a product to have it work.  Was there a support ticket open for this?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Mark,

I've had a look and it doesn't appear that Witold ended up raising a ticket for this. Marisa's solution likely worked due to something being saved in the cache or configuration. 

We can have a deeper look for you can submit your Companion App logs to Support. If you're not able to open a support ticket for your own encounter with this issue, please let me know, and I can take care of that for you.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Marisa March 7, 2019

Hi @Shannon S / @Witold Dziel 

What worked for us was uninstalling everything, clearing the installation directories, then going into Chrome and choose "Restore settings to original default" to ensure there are no popup blockers before reinstalling the plugin. We then managed to get the Trust window on the user's PC. 

Hope it helps! 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2019

Hello Witold,

If your user goes and opens Companion App now, they don't have any additional pop-ups asking them to click Trust?

If not, could you have them gather the Companion App logs for you?

1. Have them replicate the error again, noting the time.
  2. Locate the Atlassian Companion App icon in your Windows toolbar. This is typically at the bottom right of the screen.
  3. Right-click on the icon. Click on the option View Logs.
  4. Have them obtain the log file there, and share it with you.

If you can then have a look at the log files, note the time and the error that followed, and share that with us, then we can determine the issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Witold Dziel January 7, 2019

Shannon,

Thanks for your answer on this. There is a popup asking to trust the app by clicking Trust button but it seems like this is not working. Fortunately we tried this inder internet explorer and it worked. For some reason it does not work under Google Chrome.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2019

Witold,

Once you trust the site in IE, are you able to work out of Chrome, or does it ask you to trust it again?

And to confirm, the URL of the instance isn't changing at all? It's the same instance URL throughout?

I think we may need to raise a support ticket for this, because then we can obtain more information about your instance specifically. If that's alright with you, I can go ahead and raise one in your name and we can reach out to you that way.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events