Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Access SSO questions

Beau Elliott March 22, 2021

my business unit is migrating from Confluence server (which is connected to our AD and allows our small subset of users to use Confluence) to the Confluence Cloud.  I've been able to migrate the data, but now I'm working to set up SSO.  I have a few questions as I'm in a small business unit in a very large organization...

I know I have to verify the domain first and I have to work with my IT staff to get that done (using Azure AD methodology).  Then I subscribe to Atlassian Access tool.  My question is that we're purchasing 100 user licenses (adding more than our current 25 licenses) to expand our use.  Our AD probably has 10k+ users...how do I ensure that only the 100 users I want get the access to our Confluence Cloud system.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Beau Elliott Welcome to community.  You can find your answer here: https://support.atlassian.com/provisioning-users/docs/understand-user-provisioning/

Once you setup access you will still need to provision specific groups to products.  Anyone in those groups will have access to the Atlassian product the group is provisioned to.  I would suggest creating groups in AD that would then push to Access.  You can then manage these groups in AD.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events