Assets Objects macro not working with Page Properties Report macro

Travis R August 24, 2023

On Page 1 in Confluence, I am using the Assets Objects macro to pull fields from Assets and display in table format (with vertical header in column 1 and data in column 2). I have this wrapped in a Page Properties macro.

When saving the page the table looks as expected with vertical header in first column and data in second column.

On Page 2, I am using the Page Properties Report macro. This macro will only display the page name and not any of the fields from the table on Page 1.

However if I replace the Assets Objects macro on Page 1 with a hard-coded table (a copy/paste of the table that the Assets Objects macro renders on the screen), and save the page, the fields display on Page 2 as expected.

In troubleshooting, it appears that the Page Properties Report macro has a problem with the "extra stuff" that the Assets Objects macro adds in the html when it renders the table (which is wrapped in the Page Properties macro).

What can I do in order to use the Assets Objects macro with the Page Properties /  Page Properties Report macros?

1 answer

1 vote
Markus Pöhler November 15, 2023

Hi Trevis,

I ran into the same issue. We are about to replace static tables, that are reused frequently in Confluence pages in page properties and Table Transformer macros with dynamic content coming from JIRA Asset.

Unfortunately plading the asset table into the page properties macro does not end up in the expected results. Even after converting the Asset object Macro output into a random table by placing it into a table transformer macro did not change that. Also transposing has no effect.

Did you maybe raise a ticket to Atlassian already?

Thanks

EDIT: After re-thinking I figured out that the use case may not really exist. Why? If you are able to place a specifig Asset Object into a confluence page (into a page property macro) and you are trying to retrieve (and list) all those properties on dofferent similar pages in another page - then you should be able to exchange showing the page propertie report macro with the ASSET macro and just retrieve the asset objects and fields from Asset directly to create a list (property report). 

So this is my solution, just to not use the page property report any more in this use case but instead use a list of asset objects. This can - by the way - also be combined within more complexity like for example table transformer macro that runs complicated SQL queries against the asset data list.

BR

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2023

Also you may try the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros as substitutes for the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros.

They support the dynamically changing source tables and allow you to collect multiple-row tables and page meta data.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events