Asset macro: Include inbound references

Sal May 24, 2024

Hey there!

We're trying to make use of the new Asset Macro for Confluence. What I'm trying to achieve is including inbound references for an object. Example scheme:

Object type "Application"

- App 1

- App 2

Object type "Server"

- Server 1 with reference to "Application"

In confluence I have a page "Applications" where I am querying all Applications and get a table back. So far so good. But is there a way to include a column "Servers" that include all the servers this application is installed on? The inbound reference on the Application is there. 

Edit: Added Screenshots and current query

asset.png

confluence.png

Current query: objectType = Applikationen AND NAME LIKE "APPNAME"

Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Pellacani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2024

Hey @Salomon Häseli,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

According to our documentation, when searching for the apps via AQL and getting the results, you can add other attributes by going to :board: at the top of the column, then select from the dropdown menu. What options are available to be added on the dropdown?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Luis Pellacani

Sal May 28, 2024

Hey @Luis Pellacani 

Thank you for the link. So far I don't see the needed values in the dropdown. We've updated our scheme so I have a new example:

Server -> Location -> Customer = Server "is located at" Location "belongs to" Customer

My AQL is:

objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("Server") AND object having outboundReferences(Customer = "CUSTOMER NAME","Is located at")

Result:

Asset-ID, Asset-Name

1, Server1

2, Server2

In the board dropdown I do not see the customer name or any other value from an other object type other than "Server".

Luis Pellacani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2024

Hey @Salomon Häseli ,

Thanks for the update. Upon further investigation, it appears reference object attribute values displayed on links are not available on the macro. 

We currently have a feature request to include more options to be available as columns:

We suggest you watch and vote for this improvement since it helps to raise its visibility, as per our New Features Policy, and all future updates will be shared there.

Cheers,

Luis Pellacani

Like Sal likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events