As site admin, how to edit page restriction made by another user ?

Ryan Triwardhana December 19, 2018

Hi,

I am currently having access as site admin of confluence site that my company use and I need to make sure that some of the page within spaces could not be seen/edited by new group of users.

I found out I can easily access all sites within the confluence and set restriction to all the pages, however I could not set restriction to pages which are not made by my account even though I have privilege  as a site admin.

Restriction.png

is there any way to change this restriction without asking the users manually doing it ?

and I also finding a way to do this without a plugin if its possible

thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2018

Hi Ryan,

Check and see if you have the restrictions permission in Space Settings.

If not, add yourself there.

Space_Restrictions.png

Hope this helps!

Carolyn

Ryan Triwardhana December 19, 2018

Hi Carolyn, 

It seems I don't have that setting options on my confluence, should I enable it somewhere ? 

Restriction 2.png

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2018

Confluence administrators aren't necessarily space administrators. In order for them to be a space admin, they must belong to a group which has space admin and view permission for the space, or their username must be specifically granted space admin and view permission for the space.

Ask the space admin to grant you access so you can deal with these restricted pages.

Ryan Triwardhana December 20, 2018

I see, so in my case there is no other way to change this restriction without asking the space admin to include me to each of their sites.

that would be hard since I should deal with more than 200 space admin at once.

still seeking other way, but this clear things up.

thank you

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2018

You're welcome- I'll keep trying to think of other ways. Was even trying to think through add-ons, but you're more limited with Cloud.

Carolyn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events