As a Confluence admin, can I view the way a specific user sees Confluence with their permissions?

Niha Jain July 23, 2018

Trying to view Confluence as different users to make sure their permissions are working correctly, demo Confluence to users, etc.

1 answer

2 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2018

Yes, in Confluence Cloud it is possible to "log in as" another user: Log in as another user.

I hope this works for your case.

Niha Jain July 23, 2018

Thank you, Ann! This is very helpful. However, I cannot see how to switch back from another user's view to my account view. The article you shared says "While you're logged in as another user, you'll see a message at the top-right of the page letting you know who you're logged in as. Click switch back to resume using your own user account." I do not see that message at the top-right of the page. Do you know of an easy way for me to switch back to my own account view?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2018

I noticed that as well, after I navigated around a while, the "switch back"pop-up disappeared. I had to go down to my user profile pic and log out and back in to be me again.

Suspecting I was not the first one to experience this, I found this bug report: "switch back to your account" pop up disappears from screen after any action is performed and this feature request: Inform the users that they are impersonating another user and provide the ability to switch back to their accounts on a fixed banner instead of a pop-up.

I kind of like the second one more but please comment or vote on one or both of them to increase the visibility for the dev team. Doing so will add you to status updates on the tickets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events