Are there email server controls for the Confluence "Mail Page" function?

Ed Yost December 19, 2022

We are considering enabling the Mail Page function to allow Confluence authors to email an HTML formatted page for meeting and status updates. The Security department would like more information on email server controls, e.g., "granular control available (enabled for only specific spaces and/or accounts)" and likely to prevent emailing Confluence pages to email addresses outside of the corporate recipients.

I have not found any information on such controls and appreciate any further information.

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi @Ed Yost ,

Your question is labelled Confluence Cloud, however this functionality is not built into Confluence Cloud.  Can you check if you actually mean Server?

Ed Yost December 21, 2022

Hi @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- ,

No, I did mean the Cloud as that is our implementation for Confluence. Another source indicates that this was discontinued or never built for Confluence Cloud. 

One suggestion is to implement a third party app, called Email Confluence Page. Does anyone in the community have experience with this and can you recommend it?

It appears from the description that security controls are available to restrict to corporate domain(s) as I asked in my original question? Does anyone have experience with successfully using such controls?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events