Are there clear instructions on Loading an Excel Spreadsheet into a Confluence Page?

Marc Jara March 22, 2024

My boss has created an Excel Spreadsheet in which he has embedded a JIRA connector to pull JIRA data. This spreadsheet has several tabs and charts as a result. He is asking me to pull this into Confluence but I am not able to do so. The hope is that I can do with without having to buy yet another 3rd party app to do so. Is it possible to add an existing Excel Spreadsheet into Confluence? If so, are there specific directions available on how to do this?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Sincerely,

Marc

3 answers

2 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Marc Jara ,

You may check the standard Excel macro for Confluence Cloud which behavior was upgraded in June, 2022:

What concerns 3rd party apps that allow you not only to upload Excel files but continue working with them right in Confluence (with cell formatting, filtration, conditional formatting, etc.), I can suggest trying the app that we develop - Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence. You may check its Table Spreadsheet macro.

And the Spreadsheet from Table macro will help you to turn the output of the Jira Issues macro in a fully functional spreadsheet as well if required.

0 votes
Bailey_PolarisOffice March 26, 2024

@Marc Jara 

If you need to load an excel spreadsheet in the confluence page, Polaris spreadsheet can be a good option. 

Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embed an existing excel files in a confluence page and directly edit it.
It offers full editing capabilities for excel files and provides an advanced view mode that allows you to use filters, scroll, and find. Please check the details.
A month's free trial is available now! 

Atlassian Marketplace 

0 votes
SaschaC Arlin March 22, 2024

Apart from the Excel macro you certainly tried, there is nothing out of the box that could help you.

Especially when part of the Excel is data connectors. I am pretty sure Confluence Excel macro cannot make sense of those.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events