Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are parent page permissions inherited by child pages?

Anthony_Benitez April 10, 2020

I'm looking to create a one-stop space for troubleshooting guides and depending what team the user is part of is the pages they'll have access to. Since some of the guides apply to multiple teams, I want to create a page tree that has all the guides, while each team's page tree will have "Include Page" macros to include those guides within each tree that it applies to (this way if the guides change, the change only needs to be done in one place).

I know for this to work, these guide pages will need to be able to be viewed by everyone, but I still don't want users that are limited to their own page trees to access guides for other teams simply because they have a link. Would making the parent page as restrictive as possible, and leaving all the pages under this parent page as permissible as possible accomplish what I am trying to do? 

This is the hierarchy I have in mind:

GUIDES
---> Doc1
---> Doc2

TEAM1
---> Doc2

TEAM2
---> Doc1

TEAM3
---> Doc1
---> Doc2

Team members would have access to the page tree that belongs to their team and nothing else, while content managers would have access to the GUIDES page tree, and a few administrators that would update the macros and hierarchy as needed.

1 answer

0 votes
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2020

Hi @Anthony_Benitez , so i understand these doc pages are sub-pages, if so yes we can restrict the users viewing the individual child pages, although they may have access to parent page.

This can be achieved at the child page permissions settings.  Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events