Are Webhook available in confluence server through API or Add-on

webmethods-integration June 30, 2020

HI
I am trying to register webhook in Confluence Server by using the below-mentioned URL

https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/rest/7.5.1/#api/webhooks-createWebhook 3

But the API throws an error “message”: “Webhooks are not yet supported” along with status- code 501
So is there any other way to register a webhook in the confluence server that maybe through Addon or plugin.
Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Kuldeep K

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

I'm excited to announce that webhooks will be available in Confluence 7.7.0 for Server and Data Center. 

Registering a webhook can be done through the UI or using the REST API. 

You can check it out right now in the Confluence 7.7 Beta, or take a look at the documentation:

Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

My apologies for the confusion caused by the REST docs being published too early. 

2 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2020

Hello @webmethods-integration  and @Davin Studer ,

According to the below feature request webhooks are not available in Confluence Server but we are already working on this:

Therefore, I am not sure if the documentation for the REST API endpoints to manage Webhooks was added intentionally for something that is coming in the close future or if it was mistakenly added too soon. 

I have contacted DEV in order to get some clarity on this topic. I will forward their answer as soon as I will get anything back. 

Also, since this was part of the original question, I have to mention that there is the below app (and possibly more) available in our marketplace that provides this fucntionality:

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2020

Calling the endpoint already gives a hint by returning error 501 (not implemented) rather than 404 (not found):

{
"statusCode": 501,
"data": {
"authorized": false,
"valid": true,
"allowedInReadOnlyMode": true,
"errors": [],
"successful": false
},
"message": "Webhooks are not yet supported",
"reason": "Not Implemented"
}

So, I believe the status of [CONFSERVER-52487] Webhooks for Confluence  is correct and we just added the documentation too early.

Still waiting for DEV to get back to me on this.

Cheers,
Dario

Like # people like this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2020

I got confirmation from DEV this is the case:

Webhooks REST API is disabled until we assure that it works as intended (security, performances, etc) and finish the UI for it. It’s in progress and we look at shipping it in next releases. It’s not ready to be used in production yet.

Have a nice weekend.

Dario

Like # people like this
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

That is odd that it shows up in the API documentation. I wonder if it is a place holder for future functionality.

webmethods-integration June 30, 2020

Hi @Davin Studer 

Thanks for your response.

So I can't Register Webhook in Confluence server by REST API or through  app descriptor  file that is available in addon

Regards,

Kuldeep K

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

I've not found a way to do it. I even have 7.6 install on my test server and it doesn't work there either.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events