Archive a page in situ

Rory Apperson August 21, 2018

I understand that there are methods for achieving various forms of archiving in Confluence.  For instance, you can create a space and mark the space as "archived" (Edit: I tried this after I posted this question, and I can't figure out how to do it.  I found other spaces which are supposedly "archived" in that they appear in the space directory under "archived spaces" but they still show up in search, and they don't show any other indication that they're archived), the move any pages you want into that space and they (supposedly) won't show up in searches unless the person chooses to search archived content.  Another method is to modify the permissions on the page so people can't see it.

What I'm wondering: is there a way to archive pages "in situ"?  In other words, I'd like to leave the pages where they are but make it so they don't appear in any table of contents or searches.  I feel there is some value to knowing where a page used to reside when you are viewing it in its archived state.  Its proximity to the content which replaces it is also valuable.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events