Approval of Confluence pages to comply with ISO

In order to be compliant with ISO 9001-2008, we need to ensure that only approved content is available to our employees.  Currently, drafts are written by Content Managers and sent to the Quality Manager for approval.  The drafts are not officially published until approved by the Quality Manager.    Does anyone know how we can incorporate this approval workflow in Confluence?  Basically, we would be tracking who approved the content as well as what is allowed to be visible to the masses.  

3 answers

1 vote

There are a couple of addons that can do page approval processes.

Page Approval (free ... just page approval)

Comala Workflows (paid ... allows for doing all kinds of workflow related tasks)

Hi Davin,

Thanks for the tip!  I'll have to check them out.

Regards,
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I am working on using Confluence for our electronic document management system and meet ISO 9001, 13485, and 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.

I am using the following add ons to meet ISO requirements:

- Comala workflows (approvals) 

- Comala Publishing( Published space for released documents)

- Archival plugin (Archive obsolete documents)

I may need to add an additional add on to meet 21 CFR requirement:

- Enterprise password policy ( to lockout after x amuont of failed attempts)

Good luck

-Michelle

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 28, 2017

Atlassian uses Page Restrictions to "hide" and "publish" drafts. This isn't a true "approval system" since you don't know who removed the restriction/or "approved" the page.

Outside of this approach, you'll need to buy or develop a plugin.

The biggest problem with the plugin approach is that pages do not easily have the ability to show an "older" draft: You will always view the latest draft of a page. You could potentailly use Scroll Versions to create a process around this, since that one plugin does show specific drafts.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply!  I know that we can normally view older drafts in Page History and compare them to newer drafts. Does this feature go away when using a plugin?

Regards,

Michelle

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jun 30, 2017

No, as far as I know no core feature is removed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,932 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you