Applying table filter shifts table data.

Manouil Gioulountas August 30, 2022

After applying a table filter to my table, (sometimes) confluence recalculates the table and shifts some of the data to the left. In order to fix the issue, I have to remove the data filters, save the changes, reload the page, reapply filters. 

Page specifics.

I have a large table on another page with a table excerpt macro around it. 

The page with the issue has:

Table excerpt include of the large table, inside a table filter, inside a pivot table, inside a chart from table. 

I have encountered the issue on another page with only a raw table inside a table filter inside a table excerpt, so I would be surprised if the other macros are effecting it.

Attaching a screenshot https://ibb.co/jbGLBwd as an example of what the table looks like. Only formatting worth mentioned I believe is the first two columns are merged rows.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Manouil Gioulountas ,

I've checked the behavior of the Table Excerpt Include <- Table Filter macro combination. For me the behavior is stable and performs as it is supposed:

• the alignment inside the table columns stays as it is (if it was right, then right; if left, then left)
  • the calculated totals are always on the right by default

So, to look into the issue, please check what version of the app you have - the current one is 9.2.0 for Server/Data Center. If yours is an older one, please update.

For Cloud your version is always up-to-date.

If the issue persists, please raise a support ticket. Attach the page storage format of the two pages (of the source page with the Table Excerpt and the result page with the Table Excerpt Include <- Table Filter macro). We'll recreate exactly your pages and look into the issue closely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events