Apply permissions to a section

Angus Grant January 23, 2017

We are currently trialling cloud-based Confluence but might be implementing server-based Confluence

Just wondering if there is some way to apply permissions to a section

e.g:

Section 1: visible to everyone, editable by Editors

Section 2: visible to editors, editable by editors

I did find another question but it has not been updated since 2011

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi Angus,

When you say "apply permissions to a section", do you mean applying different View permissions to different parts of a single page?

If so, the answer is No, in either Cloud or Server.

As a workaround, you could use an Excerpt Include macro.  This displays a section of another page that is contained within an Excerpt macro, but will only be displayed to users who have permission to view the page on which the Excerpt macro sits.

0 votes
Angus Grant January 24, 2017

Thanks Rob, that is the exact scenario I am talking about: securing one section of content in a single page.

I did have a look at the include process but could not get any pages listing. I'll have another look. Is there a difference between the include macro and the Excerpt macro you mention?

Edit: Cool, I worked out the Excerpt Include process and that does what we want. Albeit it a little more complicated than just applying permissions to a section of content, but it achieves what we want from a display purpose.

Thanks for the swift response Rob.

Angus.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

My pleasure, glad it worked for you smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events