Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply blueprint to existing space

JM May 25, 2016

Hello,

There is any way to apply a blueprint to an existing space? I'm importing several spaces from a different Confluence Server and I want to apply the styles that I defined for this new instance..

Edit.. @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Hi Nic.

My scenario.

Confluence Server A - Spaces created with custom blueprint and styles.. The spaces don't have any content yet

Confluence Server B - A basic Confluence with the same spaces that Server A but full of content.

I would like to move the content from Server B to Server A but keeping the style applied by the blueprint.

I tried to copyPage with CLI but the pages keep the style from the Server B.. I would like to copy the content with the new styles defined in the server A.

Regards

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

No.  Blueprints and templates are a way to pre-fill something a user then expands on.  They're not guides for updating existing pages or spaces, they're used on creation and that's it.

JM May 25, 2016

Thanks for your quick response @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

So, the only way is edit the entities.xml and edit the blueprints before the import ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

Sorry, I don't understand what you're doing.  A blueprint is used to create a space or set of pages, and a template to create a page.  That has nothing to do with importing spaces from other systems - an import imports content from elsewhere.  I don't know what you're doing with entities.xml at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events