Application link trust setup between JIRA and Confluence via SSL is failing to recognize each other

Olivier Miranda October 22, 2012

We have a setup where Confluence and JIRA are running on the same server which is setup for HTTPS traffic only. Additionally, a proxy is setup where Confluence HTTPS traffic is sent through port 8443 and JIRA traffic is sent through port 8009 which is using the ajp protocol. This was necessary due to both of the services running on the same server.

HTTPS access to both services work fine. The problem is the trust relationship setup between Confluence and JIRA is not recognizing each other even though keystore file is setup for JIRA and Confluence via the tomcat server.xml file.

The error message I'm getting from Confluence is:

Application JIRA seems to be offline. Click here to Relocate.

Please let me know what options I have in resolving this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hello Olivier,

It seems that the Confluence or JIRA is not getting the correct certificate from your server. This means that you need to import it inside your machine for either of one to trust each other.

There is article which explains how to do it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=296093119

Basically would be add this to the JAVA_OPTS:

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:\Users\admin\.keystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events