Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Migration to cloud - We can't communicate with your server

Pete Sullivan October 5, 2021

I'm attempting to migrate our Confluence server to Confluence cloud.  We have ConfiForms data that is part of the migration.  I have the app set to "Needed in cloud" and it is installed on our Cloud and I've followed the ConfiForms guide for app migration.  When I create a migration and go through the steps it throws 1 blocking error because "You have not consented to app data migration". 

2021-10-05 08_54_13-Check for errors.png

When I click the Give Consent button it goes to the Agree to app migration page and shows "We can't communicate with your server - We're having trouble communicating with your server instance. Please try again. If this doesn't fix the issue, contact support for help." 

2021-10-05 08_53_50-- Pronet Confluence.png

Unfortunately, we are on Server Starter which apparently doesn't allow for contacting support.  I have verified our Confluence server is accessible everywhere across the internet.  We are on 7.13 and have all apps up-to-date.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi @Pete Sullivan

I think you might be affected by

This is not something you can fix directly. We're in touch with the maker of ConfiForms and I'll check with them if this is the issue.

If you absolutely can't wait until the next release of CCMA in a few weeks you can bypass these checks by setting a dark feature in Confluence Server. This is not recommended for production but might help with your testing.

If we confirm ConfiForms is affected by this issue, we'll update the bug report. So please become a watcher on the bug for now.

Regards,
James.

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

Hi @James Richards . Thanks for your post. I am using confluence cloud migration assistant  Version: 3.3.2 .  Since I am seeming a message pop up "we cant communicate to your server:"  and am stuck with that I  Followed all  instructions as per  in https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/app-migration/testing/dev-mode/#preflight-checks-and-validations to enable Dev mode so I may make some headway with cloud trials 

However after enabling Dev mode I do not see any change in behavior of the migration tool at all, it still goes though all checks and gets stuck. Am I missing some instruction about using Dev mode 

The exact problem that I am facing is described in more details in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confluence-server-to-cloud-migration-assistant-stuck-forever-in/qaq-p/1913873#M230882 just in case you want to check back on that 

3 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2021

Hi @Pete Sullivan ,

From the error message, it looks like the problem might be related to the fact that the server site is not public. I'm not the most expert in this area but I would suggest checking if the server URL is available to the internet, if the baseURL is correctly set and maybe also if there is any proxy configuration that might be incorrect.

If that doesn't help, it's going to be better to work with our support team on this.

If you have a cloud site active, and most likely you have it since you are migrating, you could raise a support ticket using the Cloud site URL. Or you could use the "Migration Support" option from the "What can we help you with?" drop down.

Thanks,
Caterina

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events