Any way to exclude sections from publishing in Confluence?

Dee Heffemm October 25, 2017

Hi, New to Confluence here..

In regards to document templates, I'd like to create one which doesn't publish a section unless text has been entered into it.  Below, the "Optional ..." sections would only be published to the document if they contained information. Otherwise, the entire "Optional ..." section would be omitted and the published document would only contain "Title" and "Details".  Is there any way to do that?  Thanks!

------------------ sample ---------------

Title:

My Title for My Document

Details:

This is a document for illustrating my question.

Optional Locations:

Optional Notes:

The 'Optional Locations' section will not be published in my document

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

The Project Documentation Macros provide a Section Macro that renders if there is content in the body of the macro and does not render if the body is empty. This add-on (or app) is available for Confluence server on the Atlassian Marketplace for free.

The projectdoc Toolbox is a commercial add-on (or app) that provides some more features for the Section Macro. But I think the free add-on provides the features you are looking for.

Biased alert: I'm one of the authors of both add-ons.

Dee Heffemm October 26, 2017

Thanks, appreciate the transparency. I think the Section Macro is precisely what I'm looking for but will look into both.

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events