Any updates on the double spacing problem?

Bryan Hord July 28, 2021

Is there a configuration or style setting for the confluence editor so that the space between lines can be changed? There is so much white space it's like reading someone's blue book. Are there any updates on the issue? I see that there are a lot of comments about the issue that date back to at least 2011.

All the other applications I use, gmail, other web mail, on line documents and forms, etc., all conform to pretty standard editing behavior and good cut and paste functionality. Confluence is the only application that fails to keep even the line spacing consistent. 

Is there any documentation as to why confluence behaves in a contrary way to all other applications? Does this behavior provide some special functionality that I am not using?

2 answers

0 votes
david.mockridge August 2, 2023

In July 2023 this is still a problem.The control + Enter workaround has an effect but still does not narrow the line spacing much.

It is also clunky, needs to be done on every line.

You can upvote this issue at the below link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75312

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2023

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing that link! That feature request is specific to Jira, so it's unrelated to the problem mentioned in this post.

I'll share the relevant links for Confluence here:

To receive updates, you can add yourself as a watcher. Check that you can access the report, then click Vote for this issue in the right panel. This will make sure you get the latest information.

Please visit the Implementation of New Features policy to learn more about how we prioritize our feature requests.

Shannon S | Atlassian Community support

Like david.mockridge likes this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Hi Bryan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! Thanks for joining us.

Can you show me an example of the problem you're encountering and a link to the comments you found? We have changed the editor a few times since 2011, so the problem has likely evolved since then.

I want to make sure I understand the problem as it is today, in 2021.

Thank you for your help!

Take care,

Shannon

Bryan Hord February 10, 2022

messed up text.PNG

What does this mean?

Add some content to your post and try again.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2022

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for sharing the example. Unfortunately, I'm not able to tell from your example what part of Confluence is causing this.

For faster assistance, please report this to your Confluence site admin and have them raise a ticket with Atlassian Support, and we can take a look at your site.

Thanks for your help,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Bryan Hord February 14, 2022

I forgot to include what the text looks like inside the email.

original_email_message.PNG

All other installations of Confluence that I have used in the past have shown the same odd spacing behavior. It is not always consistent within confluence but it is always Confluence that consistently shows the problem compared with other applications and tools that accept text input.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2022

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your reply. Can you let me know how the email relates to the problem in Confluence? For example, are you copying and pasting text from an email into Confluence? 

It would help if you could pass this onto your Confluence site admin and have them raise a ticket with Atlassian Support so that we can take a look at the problem.

Thank you,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events