Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Any hope for migrating to cloud from Server 5.7?

Trying to migrate from Confluence Server version 5.7 to Confluence Cloud 1000.0.0-ed545e62de50.

Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant supports 5.10 and after, I'm on 5.7 so this is not an option.

Attempting an XML export and space import is also not an option since it states it "will not work if you are importing from server version 6.13 or earlier"

What other options do I have?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey Wilson,

As above, while you may be able to make it work from 5.7, as others have said above, upgrading is going to give you a more straightforward migration path.

Given 5.7 was released in 2015, you may need to do a few interim upgrades to get to a version with decent Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA) support, but, IMO, well worth it compared to the likely pain of broken/partial migrations from 5.7 to Cloud.

CCM

0 votes
Pramodh M Community Leader Jan 11, 2022

Hi @Wilson Rodriguez 

Welcome to the community!!

Yes, it is possible. Upgrade the instance to version 7 which is possible and then with Confluence Cloud assistant App you can migrate the Spaces and user data to ☁️

Please find the doc here on Upgrade matrix

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-upgrade-matrix-960695895.html

You may need to setup dc here if your license has expired maintenance

Thanks,

Pramodh

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 11, 2022

@Wilson Rodriguez Welcome to the Atlassian community

I would suggest upgrading your on-premise instance to a newer version to do the migration as it will be easier.  I would suggest submitting a support issue here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and see if they could provide a demo license for a newer version of confluence so you can upgrade and do the migration.  

0 votes

Space imports from versions below 6.13 can work if you have not done anything too clever in a space.

But your only other route is to create a temporary development server on a version that's high enough to run JCMA or do the imports, while low enough that moving from 5.7 is an easy task.

Either take a copy of your current production and upgrade it or install an empty one and use export and import to get your spaces into it for migration.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

41,092 views 28 130
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you