Any free option to highlight JSON in Confluence?

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Is anyone aware about an easy way to highlight JSON in Confluence? And it should be for free, if possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

You should have a syntax highlight option in the code macro for JSON.

image.png

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Hi Davin and thanks for your answer.

Do you mean something as discussed here: like JSON syntax highlighting in confluence code block, specially Json Brush for SyntaxHighlighter?

Like yogesh_devi likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Silly me. You know what, I forgot that I did add JSON as a custom syntax highlighter. It doesn't come by default. And I actually did get the brush from the second link you provided. Once you have that you can upload it into Confluence in Confluence Admin -> Configure Code Macro.

Like # people like this
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Thanks a lot for your help, Davin. It works!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2019

Glad that helped.

Denis Kuznetsov (tmp)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2020

May be it was in past - but now I don't see JSON in list :

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 12.49.09.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2020

You have to add the JSON highlighter brush. it is not there by default. See the comment by @Jose M_ on Sep 19th, 2019 above and my reply below it.

Like yogesh_devi likes this
gysin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2021

You really have to wonder... why the hell does Jira support formatting for Erlang, Delphi and other obscure things but not plain old JSON?? What's wrong with you Jira, get your act together, it's 2021 for heavens sake...

Like # people like this
Richard Cross March 17, 2022

I also wonder why they've never supported JSON... it's been around for a decade.

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2022

Thanks all.  Adding the Json Brush for SyntaxHighlighter from DONOVAN BROWN tech blog did the trick for me and now the code block macro allows json syntax highlighting  . I was oblivious till day that confluence allowed adding syntax highlighting so easily provided you can get a "brush".

I have an additional question though - Where can I see notes/guidelines on creating my own "brush" for syntax highlighting or modifying an existing one - if I needed to do so ?  

e_baum February 9, 2024

Hello,

does anyone has an opportunity to add Cobol and/or Natural Code?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events