Any ability to create automatic hyperlinks within Confluence?

Ariel H Goldman November 30, 2021

A while ago I read how Wikipedia wrote a script that crawls their millions of pages regularly and can automatically hyperlink the first instance of a word/phrase in one page to another page (say, the word "monkey" to the actual page on monkeys).  They do this because, otherwise, it'd take an obscene amount of time and effort to manually link out the contents of each page one-by-one.

While the Confluence spaces I'm building out are in no way as comprehensive as Wikipedia, I'm wondering if anyone has ever designed a similar script/app that can do this in Confluence.  It would seem to be a really useful addition.

Or, if not that, is there an app/script that can crawl all pages in a space and build a heatmap of commonly used words (excluding words like "its", "a", and other common things) so I'd better know if there's a specific term that I should consider making a page defining? 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

Hello Ariel,

Good afternoon, and thank you for joining us on Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.

I understand you need a script that can crawl your Confluence site and automatically create links to articles - much how Wikipedia does. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any Marketplace apps that could accomplish this, but you may be able to develop something internally.

You can refer to our Atlassian Developer site, notably the Building a Forge app pages. If you have any trouble, ask the folks at Atlassian Developer Community, who are happy to answer development questions. 

Take care, and I hope you have a nice day.

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events