Anonymous users can still see "Create" Button

Jamie Walden October 9, 2013

We're using confluence for our public documentation. I've set the space permission for anonymous users just to "view." However, the "Create" button still appears when a person views the space and isn't logged in.

6 answers

2 votes
Jamie Walden October 29, 2013

We fixed this problem by deleting the Demo space that comes with confluence. May try that, Jessica.

0 votes
Webadm December 17, 2015

Hi,

i have the same Problem.

Space permissions:

View Space Permissions - DPSG _ NaMi FAQ - DPSG – Doku.png

Page restrictions:

PageRestrictions.png

Global persmissions:

Global Permissions - DPSG – Doku.png

Anonymous users still can create pages:

create.png

We user Confluence Version 5.8.10

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Hi Witt,

May be it is the problem with the page restrictions. Please see weather you given the page permission on your page, follow this steps to check:

Go to page --> Clisk on "Tools" --> And select "Restrictions"

Here you can see weather they have view or edit permissions.

Hope this helps,

Patina

0 votes
Jessica Witt October 28, 2013

I am having the same problem. I verified that the anonymous user is not part of the user groups that I have given create spaces permission (confluence administrators and jira administrators), yet anonymous users still have the ability to create pages.

0 votes
Jamie Walden October 10, 2013

I only can uncheck that for the user groups we have created. How do i do that for anonymous visitors? Thanks for your help.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

you need to check Create Space(s) permission on global permission,

should't grant permission to anonymous users, check this

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events