Anonymous access still prompts for login

Jacob Salomonsen October 29, 2020

In Confluence Cloud I have set up anonymous access for one of our spaces. When I test access in incognito mode I can see the space as it should appear, but if I try to access the page from another computer, I am prompted to log in. 

I am pretty sure both Global and Space permissions are set OK (Use Confluence) and View Only. 

Any thoughts?

Best
Jacob

1 answer

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Generally if you have "User Confluence" in global permissions and "View" in space permissions set for Anonymous it should work (just checked on a few sites I own). If it doesn't though, you may want to:

• try same permissions level with other spaces to see whether this affects your site
  • try another browser on the same computer you had initially
  • make sure you do not have any extended Cloud features such as IP whitelisting, etc.
  • if none of this help open a ticket with Atlassian here.
Jacob Salomonsen October 29, 2020

Yevgen, thanks for your reply. I double checked all settings and still have not been able to solve this - so as recommended I will open a ticket with Atlassian. 

What I find really strange is that even if i use another browser on the same computer as recommended, it works fine - but on another computer (ipad) I get the password prompt. 

Anyway - I will pursue an answer with Atlassian.

Thanks

Jacob Salomonsen November 2, 2020

Hi again  just to follow up - it turned out the browser used to log in had in fact been used to log in with Atlassian credentials before. For some reason this prompts a new log in procedure.

Thanks, Best regards Jacob

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events